Easy Bacon Egg Muffins
When we are on holidays, one of our favourite meals is breakfast. (hahaha cos it’s usually a huge buffet spread!) And one of our top dish is bacon! Our family loves bacon… and we don’t eat that much when we are home, cos I can’t bear to buy good, unfatty bacon. (too boring ah!) yet, I can’t bring myself to buy the fatty streaky bacon (too unhealthy!) So much of our bacon supply would come from these breakfast spread!
Alas, I saw a few sites on Facebook recently about how *easy* it was to make Bacon Egg Muffins. And I was tempted! So I tried and I must say it is so so so so simple! And so so so yummy. I’m so sure thousands have blogged about it cos it instantly becomes a favourite! Here’s how I did it!
Toss it into the oven and ta-da…..
Now, you really have to try this. And I mean making them. Cos after you smell it as it cooks, you just have to eat one. And after you eat one, you would want another… and another… Enjoy!
- 12 Eggs
- 12 Bacon Strips
- 3 Slices of Wholemeal Bread
- Grated Cheese
- Chopped mushrooms (optional)
- Chopped green/red/yellow peppers (optional)
- Ground Pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven at 170C
- Grease Muffin Tray
- Cut out circles from bread to fit base of each muffin. (I used a Vitamin Bottle Cap!)
- Place bread in each muffin cup
- Line the bacon AROUND each muffin cup. (don't worry about bacon not touching base)
- Sprinkle some grated cheese in the muffin cup
- Put in all the optional items if you want
- Crack an egg in a bowl, then pour into each muffin cup. (you can crack the egg directly into the muffin cup if you are confident!)
- Sprinkle more cheese if you like!
- Put in the oven and bake for 10 min, or until egg whites are cooked, or until the yolk reaches your preferred consistency
Yum. Those look so good. I’m sure they would be eaten in a hurry around here.
What an easy breakfast idea! Even on the go!
WOW. Looks sooooo easy… Hmmm… I shall try it one of these days with my airfryer. No oven at home. HEE
Oh yum! Looks so easy to do and they look delicious. I mean anything with bacon is alright with me
I love a good breakfast that includes bacon – so yum! Those certainly are easy and even the kiddos can help make it!
Those look really, really good!
Omgosh so simple yet adorable. I love it.
I need to show this to my daughter – she would love these.
I’m not a bacon fan, but I think my husband would love these!
That is really easy!!
We have so many bacon lovers here. That looks amazing. I need to make this.
Looks super easy and tasty! Will have to try this recipe!
These look good, and I bet the leftovers would be easy to freeze and reheat
Wrap anything in bacon, and I’m there. This looks outstanding!
Yum! These look absolutely yummy!
These bacon egg muffins look so tasty! I love how easy they are to make. I’ll try it with some GF bread.
Those look really good, and simple. I have the recipe bookmarked so I can do it when we have guest. Thanks 🙂