When we are on holidays, one of our favourite meals is breakfast. (hahaha cos it’s usually a huge buffet spread!) And one of our top dish is bacon! Our family loves bacon… and we don’t eat that much when we are home, cos I can’t bear to buy good, unfatty bacon. (too boring ah!) yet, I can’t bring myself to buy the fatty streaky bacon (too unhealthy!) So much of our bacon supply would come from these breakfast spread!
Alas, I saw a few sites on Facebook recently about how *easy* it was to make Bacon Egg Muffins. And I was tempted! So I tried and I must say it is so so so so simple! And so so so yummy. I’m so sure thousands have blogged about it cos it instantly becomes a favourite! Here’s how I did it!
Toss it into the oven and ta-da…..
Now, you really have to try this. And I mean making them. Cos after you smell it as it cooks, you just have to eat one. And after you eat one, you would want another… and another… Enjoy!
- 12 Eggs
- 12 Bacon Strips
- 3 Slices of Wholemeal Bread
- Grated Cheese
- Chopped mushrooms (optional)
- Chopped green/red/yellow peppers (optional)
- Ground Pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven at 170C
- Grease Muffin Tray
- Cut out circles from bread to fit base of each muffin. (I used a Vitamin Bottle Cap!)
- Place bread in each muffin cup
- Line the bacon AROUND each muffin cup. (don't worry about bacon not touching base)
- Sprinkle some grated cheese in the muffin cup
- Put in all the optional items if you want
- Crack an egg in a bowl, then pour into each muffin cup. (you can crack the egg directly into the muffin cup if you are confident!)
- Sprinkle more cheese if you like!
- Put in the oven and bake for 10 min, or until egg whites are cooked, or until the yolk reaches your preferred consistency