This is NOT an advertorial. Let’s call it a blog test. I’m testing out urban legends of the 21st century!
Have you heard of Bio-Oil?
According to magazines, twitter, Facebook and of course friends, Bio-oil is a super wonder product that removes, yes, REMOVES, stretch marks, mosquito bite marks, discoloured skin, and scars from long ago!
Some titles that this product has garnered: (some of the MANY titles!)
- Best Can’t Live Without Beauty Product, Best in Beauty Awards, New Zealand, 2013
- Miracle Worker, Essentials Top 100 Beauty Products, South Africa, 2013
- Best Stretch Mark Product in the Face / Body Skincare Category, Watsons Health, Wellness & Beauty Awards, Thailand, 2013
- Perfect Skin Award, Pregnancy Magazine, Hong Kong, 2013
- Best Stretch Mark Oil, Parents’ World Best of the Best, Singapore, 2013
- Best Cult Product, Pregnancy & Birth Bloom Award, UK, 2013
- Best Scar Diminisher, Harper’s Bazaar Beauty Awards, Singapore, 2012
- Top bathroom-cabinet must-haves, Heat Hair & Beauty Awards, South Africa, 2012
It costs about S$15 for a bottle. And I figured, since it’s so good, I should give it a test!
Here are my not so gorgeous legs with awful scars and mosquito bite marks:
The instructions says:
Bio‑Oil should be massaged in a circular motion into the scar, twice daily, for a minimum of 3 months. On new scars, Bio‑Oil should be applied only once the wound has healed, and should not be used on broken skin.
I’ve started massaging into my scars. Check back here to see the progress!